Project: Demo for John Lewis & Partners
A quick redesign of their editorial section for desktop and mobile.
Larger interaction demo
Shopping tooltips demo
- Generally more art direction. Images have been cropped and masked to suit themes and content. Exact layout varies from section to section.
- Far more variety with the typography (potentially too much, but this is a visual design exploration!)
- Staggered animation guides/encourages the reader down the page.
- Shopping elements included via inline headers/links, and hover/tap tooltips on each image. This is a large project in itself, and can be explored far more.
- Sectioned… but not too much visually. Hard sectioning can often prevent a reader from naturally flowing down a page, this design embraces white space and headlines to create natural divides.
- Naturally has to become a little more linear within a one column layout, but still maintains good custom art direction for each piece of content.
- Shopping tooltips utilise a tap-to-activate design pattern.